Silk is obtained from the silkworm. It is a natural protein fiber that is composed of fibroin. Silk has a shine and shimmery effect because of the structure of the fiber. Silk is very soft and smooth and silk pillow cases give you comfort and luxury while sleeping and resting.
Mulberry Silkworm Bombyx Mori is believed to be one of the premium and best silk materials. Silk has a premium feeling about itself.
Benefits of silk –
- It is super soft and smooth
- The cloth is breathable and lets the body’s perspiration process take place easily.
- Silkism is apt for all the weather conditions be it winters or summers the mechanism of the cloth makes it adaptable.
- It doesn’t attract mites and dust. Hence this makes the cloth durable and long-lasting
- It is also apt for all occasions. The shimmery effect makes it one of the best party wear and the smooth soft texture makes it one of the best sleepwear.
How is silk obtained?
Silk is mainly obtained from cocoons. A cocoon is a fiber spun by insects for protection and safety as a pupa. The silk after extraction needs warmth so it is kept in the sunlight, exposed to steam, or even boiled. After this reeling of silk takes place which is the process of separation of silk from the cocoon. Finally, the obtained silk thread is woven to get the desired result of different clothes.